Thursday, December 22, 2011

I simply remember my favorite things...

Edit: Oops! I didn't mean to publish this post yet since I haven't given all of my gifts... But I got an itchy 'Publish Post' finger and forgot all about saving it as a draft! Oh well!



I got this idea from a friend of mine last year and had SO much fun doing my take on it this year.

If you have not heard the song Favorite Things from Sound of Music this won't be quite as meaningful to you. I suggest you watch it now (here). Pomplamoose has a great version of the song as well (here).

I have been gathering little 'stocking stuffer' type items that are some of my favorite things.. some of which I cannot live without (my fave Burt's Bees chapstick!).

Stuff I gathered
I tagged each item with what significantly makes it my favorite (not just tea but Harney and Sons tea, not just chapstick but Burt's Bees Medicated with Clove, etc...) and put them together in a brown paper package tied up with string. :)

I punched and cut the labels out of a Burberry envelope I had. I made little holes to attach string to with a leather punch.

Stylish Band-Aids

Burt's Bees Medicated with Clove

Maybelline Great Lash BIG

Harney and Sons Teas. Each package has an Earl Grey Imperial tea sachet. I got the little plastic pods in a novelty machine. My 3 and 4 your old nephews were more than happy to take the trinkets that came inside.

Darling little stud earrings for every outfit

My favorite Jelly Belly recipe. :) Pink Lemonade. Ingredients: equal parts Lemon and Cotton Candy Jelly Bellys

Vintage Textiles. Each package has a vintage hankie.

All together now

In a brown paper bag

String and sweet little tags on the outside (this tag is from a craft store)

Ready to go!

I only made four this year but would have liked to have unlimited funds to make lots of them to give out!

Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment