Thursday, December 22, 2011

Caitlin the Christmas Elf

December 20, 2011

What a busy night!

My chili sat untouched on the stove until about 9:30pm as I worked on Christmas projects.

First I made White Chocolate Peppermint bark.
> I crushed up peppermints by double bagging them and hitting them with a hammer
> Sifted the peppermint powder out from the pieces
> Melted white chocolate (great tips for chocolate choosing and melting here)
> Mixed the peppermint powder into the chocolate
> Spread the melted chocolate on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
> Sprinkled the peppermint pieces on top of the chocolate
> Lightly pressed the pieces into the chocolate
> Set in the refridgerator to harden

> Broke into irregular pieces


> And put in a cute Christmas tin for people at the office.




The rest of the evening was spent putting together my 'Favorite Things' gifts that I will dedicate a whole entry to once I give them out. :)
I can hardly wait to reveal this goody!

Here's a sneak preview:

No comments:

Post a Comment