Monday, December 12, 2011

Fun times, Birthday Times

November 7, 2011

I had a wonderful birthday this year.
Birthdays are a pretty big deal at my house. I never thought much of it until I started finding out that not everyone has such extravagant birthdays. Usually we stay up way too late the night before a family member's birthday so they wake up to a house full of decorations. Now that I am the only one of my siblings left at home, birthdays are a little more low key... compared to how they were.
My mom did a superb job this year. So light and cheery! Taking advantage of our City Sukkah frame that had not been taken down yet!




She made me such a lovely breakfast!

Fruit & cheese kababs and fresh squeezed orange juice included!




She got very creative with DIY gifts. (LOVE)

She stenciled me an apron with a Julia Child quote

Matted and framed a painting that I had done as a kid

It was sweet, personal, and all around home grown. What could be better?

~*~

The weekend of my birthday, my dear, sweet, wonderful boyfriend took me horseback riding for the first time. My mom grew up with horses and talks about them all the time. I feel like I know about horses and how to ride... but somehow I missed the actual riding experience until my 24th Birthday! I travesty that was remedied beautifully. :)




I even got to meet some wonderful friends for dinner. What a satisfying Birthday. I'm happy.


Thank you!

Love, Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment