Sunday, October 23, 2011

Throw It Up

Hmmmm... throwing up is not the best thing. In fact, it's one of the worst. However, worse than throwing up is feeling nauseous and not being able to throw up.

My Saturday consisted of waking up at 3:30 am and needing to throw up followed by an hour and a half of leaning over a bowl whispering 'please, please, please' just willing myself to jettison this evil, foreign 'bug' that was wreaking havoc in my stomach. When it did let loose, it was quite a torrent. Enough said there.

The following hours were spent alternating between sleeping and feeling slightly nauseous (all of this in addition to the sneezing and nose blowing I was already experiencing.)

By dinner time I was finally able to eat some toast dipped in broth and a bit of sorbet.
The complicated thing was, by the time my stomach was settled enough to eat, it hurt so bad from hunger. I was also dizzy from lack of sustenance. My dear boyfriend was a darling in his concerned, eager to help state... although he could not help me. He just held me while we watched For Your Eyes Only with Roger Moore (our favorite Bond. Well, him and Daniel Craig). That Greek chick is a mega hottie. AAAND one of the actors is Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof! That was exciting for me.
I was a bit perturbed that the one American in the film was an annoying little floozie.



Hallelujah this morning I am fully cured (of the stomach issues, that is ::cough! cough!::) and enjoyed a breakfast of French Toast with my mother. (We made coffee too but it was terrible so we both abstained)

Curse you 'bug' for stealing my Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment