Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Belinda!

A couple of my co-workers/friends got together to make (another co-worker/friend) Belinda's Birthday special.
We wanted to decorate her cubicle in a way that was cheery, happy, and sunny. I decided daisies were the thing.  I thought we could cut daisies out of paper and pin them to her cubicle walls.Our color scheme: yellow, white, and green.
I was surfing pinterest and came across this image (Be Optimistic). It occured to me that this is perfect for Belinda! Her nickname is 'Be' and she loves inspirational things.
Then it happened.
I thought of putting inspirational words on each petal of our paper daisies with 'Be' in the center of them.
I am crazy about fonts so I made each inspirational word a different font. The effect was perfect for Belinda and, even for someone who's nickname is not 'Be' it is wonderful for cheering and engouraging!
Great idea for a 'Get Well' cheering up too!

Our dasies had 7 petals each so I had to come up with words in sets of 7s.
Here's what we came up with:
Optimistic
Loved
Yourself
Accepted
Happy
Adored
Inspired
Peaceful
Free
Excited
Energized
Empowered
Renewed
Amazed
Unique
Outstanding
Confident
Childlike
Adventerous
Bold
Relaxed

I created a template in Word making two ovals the same shape & size (make one and copy/paste), each with a text box where I put in the words and changed up the fonts. You'll want to make your words closer to one end of the petal so you can glue an end to the centers without covering any of the words.
Note: once the petals are printed, by holding each page up to the light and folding it in half long ways so the ovals line up, you can cut two out at a time.
I traced circles on yellow paper using a soup mug (that my dad made me in a pottery class) and cut them out.
Then I glued the petals to a blank circle with the words face up (making sure none of the words get covered) and glued my 'Be' circle on top (to make a petal sandwich).

I also made one daisy with
Happy Birthday Belinda from Caitlin, Jenn, and Allison

Here's our result!:


One of 3 inspirational daisies

A Happy Birthday Wish



We also made streamer 'chandelliers' using paper plates with the center cut out hung with fishing line

Here are us girls after we decorated
  

Belinda Loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment