Friday, April 27, 2012

Wedding planning starts

And so it begins... what I presume will be alot of entries about the planing of my wedding. It will be a very DIY affair with vintage flair.

I have been going nuts on pinterest and wedding blogs & sites (Martha Stewart Weddings and The Knot are a couple faves) for months (and even contacted a photographer & coordinator under the radar) and am excited to get the real planning going. I set the planning process in motion by sending this letter to family members & close friends. It announces the date and scheme of our wedding and asks them to start collecting vintage plates, misc. glass bottles for center pieces, wine bottles for serving water at the reception, farmers market berry baskets, and to keep an eye out for vintage furniture for a reception lounge.





I've also been busy starting a cost worksheet so I can set a sample budget.
My next step will be to meet with each of our parents to find out how involved they want to be in planning and financing.
I have been taking cues from The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Perfect Wedding (I got the 3rd edition from Half Price Books) and have been going over wedding checklists like this one.

This is really happening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment